Cebu city consider as center for trade and commerce industry in Visayas, Philippines. Also, became famous as one lively city in the country. The living expense that includes accommodation, meals, and etc. in Cebu can be seen as affordable compared to other urbanized cities in Philippines. Cebu province is widely known for their beautiful islands, luxury resorts, historical spots, scuba diving sites, and white sandy beaches. Below are the recommended places to visit in Cebu.
1. Magellan’s Cross – This refer to the wooden cross that Magellan conqueror brought by the time Spaniards came in Philippines year 1521. The wooden cross was planted where Queen Juana, Rajah Humabon and with the other 400 followers baptized into Christianity led by Fr. Pedro Valderama.
2. Casa Gorordo Museum – Previously, the home of late Juan Gorordo who was the first Filipino Bishop on Cebu. Touring inside this museum brings takes you to various relics, furniture, relics, and paintings representing the lives of elite Filipinos way back 1860 until 1920.
3. Taoist Temple – In this temple, teachings of Lao Tzu been preserved up to this time. Lao Tzu was a Chinese philosopher during 600 B.C. Visitors must climb about 81 steps just to light joss sticks, get to know what their fortunes, or just have a soothing ambiance. These 81 steps simply represent the 81 chapters of Taoist scriptures.
4. Basilica Minore del Santo Niño – This church was constructed late 1565 and the site was marked where Santo Niño image situated as given by conqueror Magellan to Queen Juana 40 years before it was been discovered.
5. Capitol Building – It attract lots of tourists because this consider provincial government seat in Cebu city that feature a unique architectural design based from the United States Capitol.
6. University Of San Carlos – Way back 1565, University of San Carlos was been build. It was formerly named as Colegio de San Ildefonso that became known as oldest school in Philippines. This been found within the University of San Carlos Museum premises that houses four galleries mainly biological and archeological collections